What is Varicose Veins?
Varicose Veins is a chronic condition that affects the veins of the body. Although any vein can potentially fall victim to it, generally the veins of the legs are more commonly subjected to varicosity because of the gravitational force of nature and constant standing.
Varicose Veins are enlarged and tortuous (twisted) veins just beneath the skin of the legs and the ankles. They can be seen as bluish or purplish lines.
This is because the blood from the veins of the legs has to flow upwards against the force of natural gravity. Apart from being an obvious cosmetic eyesore, it significantly reduces the quality of life of the patient. Click to read Causes of Varicose Veins.
Varicose Veins are common in middle-aged adults and more common in women than in men.
What happens in Varicose Veins?
- Heaviness and soreness in the legs especially after exercise
- Muscular cramps especially at night or from continued standing or sitting.
- Dryness, redness and itching on the skin just near the veins. This is known as venous eczema.
- Appearance of spider veins in the affected legs.
- A slight injury may bleed more than normal.
Know more about Symptoms of Varicose Veins
What can Varicose Veins lead to?
If not treated, Varicose Veins can complicate into:
- Inflammation: of the veins i.e. thrombophlebitis, causing swelling in the feet and ankles.
- Blood Clots: When the inflammation starts affecting the deeper veins of the legs, there could be sudden swelling in the legs.
- Skin Changes: Skin over the affected area just above the tortuous vein shows certain changes like inflammation, dryness, discolouration, eczema and even ulceration.
How well homeopathy works in Varicose Veins?
- The treatment for Varicose Veins finds a special place in the holistic science of Homeopathy.
- Homoeopathic treatment for varicose veins offers a very gentle and a subtle way to relieve it from its roots. The advanced stages of varicose veins may very well be prevented with timely homeopathic medicines.
- Homoeopathic medicines are very easy to administer and are totally patient-friendly.
Homoeopathy has no side effects and focuses on the underlying cause of the disease. It takes care of the disease and its symptoms without any compromise on the other systems of the body.
Have a glance at some of our wonderful remedies. Note the sheer patient-specific mode of treatment-
- Hamamelis: A very good remedy for varicose veins, when the veins are large and look purple and bruised. They tend to bleed easily. Legs feel sore and tired.
- Pulsatilla: One of the best remedies for varicose veins. Veins of the legs are swollen. The symptoms are worse in warmth and keeping the legs hanging. Better by cold application and open air.
- Calcarea Flouricum: One of the best choices when veins hard and knotty. It helps to restore the elasticity of the veins.