WHAT ARE ADENOIDS?
Adenoids are nothing but a mass of lymphatic tissue. They are located in the roof of the nasopharynx, where the nose blends into the throat. Though tonsils and adenoids are mostly referred together, you can see tonsils with open mouth in front of mirror. But you cannot see adenoids. They hang from the upper part of the back of the nasal cavity.
Adenoids form an important part of the defense mechanism in children. They perform a key role in fighting infections. But they become less important once a child gets older and the body develops other ways to fight germs. Adenoids shrink naturally once a child reaches 5 years of age and tend to disappear altogether by the time the child becomes a teenager.
Because Adenoids trap germs that enter the body, adenoid tissue sometimes swells (gets puffier) temporarily as they try to fight off an infection. But while fighting the infection, Adenoids can themselves fall prey to it and become diseased. Airways are obstructed, and nasal breathing becomes difficult. Read more about Causes of Adenoids.
Swollen or enlarged adenoids are among the commonest conditions children suffer from. Because there is a chronic noseblock, the child's voice can acquire a nasal twang.
Classmates and peers always find amusement in teasing such children . This is the time when your child needs maximum love, care and attention.
WHAT HAPPENS IN ADENOIDS?
- Stuffy Nose
- Snoring and sleep apnea (sudden absence of breath while sleeping)
- Sinusitis and other infections in ears, nose and throat
Click to know more about Symptoms of Adenoids
WHAT CAN ADENOIDS LEAD TO?
Adenoids enlargement causes an atypical appearance of the face, known as Adenoid facies. Features of Adenoid facies include:
- Mouth breathing
- Elongated face
- Prominent incisors (upper 4 and lower 4 front teeth)
- Hypoplastic maxilla (underdeveloped upper jaw)
- Short upper lip
- Elevated nostrils
- High arched palate
HOW WELL HOMEOPATHY WORKS IN ADENOIDS
- Homeopathy has an excellent track record in Treatment For Adenoids and helps to prevent impending surgery usually performed in these cases.
- Homeopathic medicines are natural, without any side-effects and completely safe for children.
- Moreover, it also helps in preventing relapse of the condition.
- Homeopathic Treatment For Adenoids has more than 100 remedies in its treasury for the treatment of this condition.
Few of our amazing remedies include:
- Agraphis: A very potent remedy for enlarged adenoids. It is useful in cases where there is tendency to recurrent middle ear infections due to enlarged adenoids. Stuffy nose is present. Hearing is impaired due to enlarged adenoids.
- Tuberculinum: It is one of the most effective medicines for enlarged adenoids, tonsils and lymph nodes. Children who get infections of the ear, nose and throat every other week or every other month are usually suitable for this remedy.
- Hydrastis: Again a wonderful remedy for adenoid problems. Thick, sticky, yellowish nasal discharge is present. Also there is discharge from back of nose. There is associated diminished hearing.