- Contact dermatitis is type of inflammation of skin which occurs due to contact of a certain substance or an allergen.
- Allergens could be metals like nickel/gold or solvents, alcohol, kerosene, etc. Depending upon the substance involved, there could be a localized rash or irritation of the skin which may ooze or bleed or there may be scales and crust formation.
- The patient often gives history of coming in contact with the causative allergen.
- Dyshidrotic Eczema also known as pompholyx is a skin condition that is characterized by formation of small blisters on fingers and toes.
- There could be itching. Vesicles may also be present and sometimes formation of bubbles.
- It is often seen in teenagers and young adults.
- The causes could be external like allergy to metals, dust mites etc. or internal causes like endocrinal, emotional and stress factors.
- Psoriasis is an auto-immune disease characterized by red, scaly patches, papules, pustules and plaques. There could cracks and fissures as well.
- The cause of psoriasis is unknown. However factors like heredity, stress and emotions, lifestyle, etc. are known to be associated.