Some conditions which are more or less similar to Dandruff are:
- This skin inflammation is characterized by redness and itching and frequently occurs around the folds of the nose and eyebrow areas and the scalp.
- If this inflammation and scaling is present outside the scalp it rules out Dandruff.
- This is characterized by well defined lesions which are large, dry, thick, scaly and silvery lesions.
- They can also affect the scalp.
- Ringworm is the fungal infection of scalp.
- It is characterized by itchiness, scaly, bald patches on scalp.
- Eczema is a skin condition which is chronic in nature and characterized by roughness, blister, formation with itching and redness.
- It can be present on scalp too.