What is Ringworm?
Ringworm is a very common and a troublesome skin disease.
It gets even more distressing as the disease spreads very easily through merely touching the infected skin or even sharing personal items like combs, clothes, napkins, etc.
That is why Ringworm occurs more in children, because they are more likely to get infected in school, while playing or swimming. Click to read on Causes of Ringworm.
Ringworm is an infectious skin disease caused by fungus, and not by a worm as the name suggests. It is characterized by itchy, red, raised ring-like patches on the skin which tend to form oozing blisters.
What happens in Ringworm?
- Red, raised ring-like patchy eruptions
- Eruptions are redder towards the circumference than the center.
- Severe irritation and itching.
- When ringworm occurs on the feet, the condition is called "Athlete's Foot".
- Eruptions in the groin region causes "Jock Itch"
- Ringworm on scalp causes itching and hair fall.
Click to know more about Symptoms of Ringworm
What can Ringworm lead to?
Complications of Ringworm are very rare, although certain conditions may be precipitated:
- Spread: Spreading of the lesions to other parts of the body is the most common complication of ringworm.
- Bacterial Infection: Secondary infection of the lesions of Ringworm may result in painful cysts or abscesses.
- Kerion: A condition occurring occasionally, ringworm of scalp may lead to severe painful inflammation of scalp with pus formation and thick yellow crusts on the scalp.
How well homeopathy works in Ringworm?
- Homeopathic experts and patients the world over swear by the efficacy of Homeopathy in the treatment of Ringworm.
- It offers a more holistic approach to the treatment of the disease and instead of focusing on the end products of the disease, i.e. the eruptions, it concentrates on boosting the immune system of the human being, so that the condition does not occur again.
- Homeopathy is a much safer and better mode of treatment, especially in cases of children. It does not cause any unwanted side effects or suppressive tendencies.
Few of our amazing remedies include:
- Tellurium: Excellent remedy for ringworm, red ring like eruptions that itch and burn violently with offensive smell; also good for ringworm of scalp.
- Sepia: A very useful remedy for ringworm. Eruptions occur seasonally. Itching is not relieved by scratching and is severe on elbows and knees. Also useful in ringworm of face.
- Thuja: One of the best choices when the skin is greasy. Ringworm of genital region. Complaints are worse in cold, wet weather.