- Identification and avoidance of the triggering factor is the key.
- Application of soothing agents like non-medicated petroleum jelly to alleviate the itching and burning.
- Practice yoga and other relaxation techniques such as meditation to de-stress yourself and reduce the severity of your symptoms.
- When washing or bathing, keep water contact as brief as possible and use less soap than usual. After bathing, apply lubricating cream on the skin while it is damp.
- Avoid eggs, fish, peanuts and soy.
- Avoid dairy products, sugar, white flour, fried foods and processed foods.
- Avoid the excess fat from meat - buy lean and preferably organic.
- Avoid sugar, gluten (wheat, barley, rye and oats) and raw eggs.