What is Migraine?
Do you suffer from frequent, severe headaches on one side of the head? Does light or sound increase your pain? Do you feel as if a thousand hammers are hitting your head?
Well, then you may be suffering from Migraine!
Migraine is a severe type of headache that occurs recurrently and is known to be accompanied by other symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light and even blurring of vision.
18% of the entire world's population suffers at some point in their life from this irritating headache. View causes of Migraine
What Happens In Migraine?
- One-sided, throbbing type of headache
- Nausea and vomiting
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Irritability, fatigue and sometimes, blurring of vision before onset of headache
Know more about Symptoms of migraine
What Can Migraine Lead To?
Migraine does not just restrict itself to headache. Because it is a disease involving the nervous system of the body, it can lead to dangerous consequences like:
- Stroke: Migraine can lead to leakage of blood in the brain resulting in stroke.
- Seizure: Migraine can be followed by an episode of fits or convulsions, called as Migraine Seizure.
- Status Migrainosus: Occasionally, the attack can be so severe as to last for more than 72 hours. This is called Status Migrainosus
- Medication-Overuse Headache: In patients habituated to allopathic painkillers, a headache of a more severe variety occurs when the effect of the medicine wears off.
How Well Homeopathy Works In Migraine?
- Homeopathy has more than 220 effective remedies for migraine and its consequences, depending on the triggering factors and causation.
- Homeopathic Treatment For Migraine is considered one of the best methods of Treatment For Migraine available, because Homeopathy takes into consideration not just the symptoms, but also the causes, patient's individualistic symptoms and background of the attack, which is always unique to every individual.
For your knowledge, some of the amazing Homeopathic Remedies on Migraine:
- Belladonna: When migraine begins at the back of the head and moves forward on the right side and is usually worse in the afternoons.
- Iris Versicolor: When migraine is accompanied by severe heartburn, nausea, vomiting and blurring of vision. Nausea is so intense that even vomiting does not relieve it.
- Glonoine: When an attack of migraine comes on going out in the sun. It is especially thought of when migraine starts in a menopausal woman.
- Sanguinaria: When right-sided migraine comes on as a result of digestive disturbances and skipping meals. The pain is usually relieved after vomiting.
- Natrum Muriaticum: One of the best remedies for migraine coming on after emotional upset. It is usually accompanied by a tingling sensation in the face.