There are many conditions which exhibit similar signs and symptoms as seen in Allergies. Few conditions are listed below -
- Asthma : A disease of respiratory system where patient feels difficulty of breathing due to spasmodic contraction of bronchi of lungs. It can or cannot be due to allergy.
- Eczema : A skin disease where skin becomes rough, dry and bleeds.
- Hives : Also known as Urticaria, where red rashes appear on skin. Allergic response can cause acute urticaria.
- Vasomotor rhinitis : This condition is also characterized by sneezing, runny nose, nose block but all these symptoms are not due to allergy.
- Lactose Intolerance : This is not allergic condition but can produce similar symptoms as of food allergy; especially diarrhoea on having cow milk. This is due to absence of enzyme required for milk digestion in affected person's body.