Being a disease involving an imbalance of hormones, the signature symptoms of DYSFUNCTIONAL UTERINE BLEEDING (DUB) seen are menstrual disturbances.
Menstrual disturbances include:
- Menses occur before 21 days of the cycle
- Delay in normal menstruation (periods)
- Absence of periods or skipping of periods
- Infrequent periods
- Spotting in between periods
- Heavy bleeding during periods
Apart from irregularities in menses, other symptoms of DYSFUNCTIONAL UTERINE BLEEDING (DUB) include:
- Hot flushes often felt as sudden feverish feeling or heat in the body
- Mood swings
- Abnormal growth of hair all over the body, especially the face and chin, called Hirsutism
- Pain and dryness of vagina.