- The doctor asks questions about your menstrual periods, weight changes, and other symptoms.
- It includes weight, height and blood pressure measurements.
- Examination of unwanted hair growth.
- The doctor checks for any swellings or growths in the pelvic region.
- Tests for female hormones which include LH, FSH, prolactin, progesterone, and male hormones.
- Thyroid tests
- Complete Blood Count
- Pregnancy test
- Transvaginal USG to look for problems in uterus or pelvis.
- Pap Smear and cultures to check for infections and abnormal cervical cells
- Endometrial Biopsy to check the lining of the uterus and to rule out cancer
- If no condition is suspected, to check and treat the conditon