WHAT IS MEASLES?
Measles is one of the most common communicable diseases of children caused by a virus. It is prevalent in preschool children and seen mostly in winters and spring.
Before the introduction of vaccine in 1963, there were approximately 3-4 million cases of measles and 500 deaths each year in the United States. The number of measles cases has been significantly reduced in recent years due to vaccination. However, the disease has not been completely eradicated. Read more on Causes of Measles.
- Dry hacking cough
- Excessive lachrymation
- Running nose
- Koplik's spots - Discrete bluish white spots inside cheeks, lips, hard palate, conjunctival folds
- Maculopapular rash, (i.e flat red areas on the skin covered by slight elevations or bumps) behind the ears, face, trunk, extremities, palms and soles
Know more about Symptoms of Measles
WHAT CAN MEASLES LEAD TO?
Measles is one the leading cause of death; hence every individual should be vaccinated because measles can lead to life threatening complications in adults and young children such as:
- Otitis media
- Subacute Scelerosing Panencephalitis (SSP)
- Febrile Seizures
HOW WELL HOMEOPATHY WORKS IN MEASLES
- Homeopathy has more than 50 preventive and curative medicines in treatment for Measles that work very well for persons of all ages.
- Every remedy is carefully prescribed on the basis of the patient's symptoms and the correct homeopathic medicine can even prevent spread of infections.
- All these remedies have been proved clinically on human beings in more than 120 countries.
Few of our amazing remedies include:
- APIS- Rash begins to develop, but fails to develop completely and disappears soon, but leaves the child unwell. Itching is worse by warmth, face and eyes are puffy.
- BELLADONNA- This remedy is indicated when there is sudden onset of a high fever, reddened face, and throbbing headache. Child tends to be drowsy and not thirsty
- BRYONIA- It is given in cases where skin eruptions from the measles are delayed. The children may have a hard, dry cough without expectoration. Any motion causes pain.
- PULSATILLA- In this the child has profuse tearing from the eyes and a thick yellow nasal discharge. They also have a dry cough at night which becomes loose in the daytime with thirstlessness