What is Schizophrenia?
SCHIZOPHRENIA is a severe mental disorder that affects the way a person thinks, feels or sees the world. For a schizophrenic person, the reality is altered and he is unable to distinguish the real from the imaginary.
Schizophrenia can be defined by:
- A group of typical symptoms described in the coming sections
- Disturbed social, occupational and interpersonal relationships
- Persistent signs of self-deterioration.
Schizophrenia is NOT a RARE disorder and anyone can be affected. It is also wrong to assume that Schizophrenia is associated with only crime and violence. Click to read Causes of Schizophrenia.
The average onset of Schizophrenia generally is late teens to early twenties in men, whereas in mid-twenties to mid-thirties in women.
What happens in Schizophrenia?
- Delusions which are false beliefs not based on reality
- Hallucinations which could be visual or auditory
- Suspiciousness in every activity
- Poor personal hygiene
- Expressionless/ Flat face
- Inability to express emotions
- Disorganized speech or extremely abnormal way of speaking
- Poor concentration and forgetfulness
What can Schizophrenia lead to?
If not treated, SCHIZOPHRENIA can cause a major impact on the emotions, behavior and health of the patient. They may develop certain legal and financial complications like:
- Inflicting injury on others or self
- Attempting suicide
- Misuse or abuse of drugs, medications or alcohol.
- Poor performance in school, college or work places
- Family disputes, divorces and social isolation
- Homelessness and poverty
Schizophrenia is such a condition that it not only affects the person suffering from it, but creates havoc in the lives of his loved ones and other people around him.
How well homeopathy works in Schizophrenia?
- Homeopathy is an excellent choice of medicine for all types of psycho-somatic and psychological disorders. It gives incredible results in SCHIZOPHRENIA, as homeopathy works beautifully on the mind.
- Homeopathy is a system of medicine that takes into consideration a complete detailed history (personal, past and family) of the patient, thereby helping to find out every essence about Schizophrenia, its cause and effect.
- Homeopathic case taking, sometimes, in itself becomes therapeutic for the schizophrenic giving hope and encouraging him to live a healthy and a productive life.
- Homeopathy not only helps to bring relief in the symptoms of Schizophrenia, but also helps to remove the intrinsic root cause of the disease.
- Homeopathic treatment for Schizophrenia even helps greatly in preventing relapses of the condition.
- It is an absolutely safe and a much better mode of treatment, especially in mental cases, where treatment needs to be done with caution. It does not cause any unwanted side effects (unlike the conventional system of medicine) but on the other hand, makes the life of a schizophrenic easy, manageable and enjoyable.
Homeopathy is the most modern and youngest medical science, which works on the healing power of the smallest quantity of medicine and that is why it is free from side effects.
Few of our amazing remedies include:
- Anacardium Orientale: One of the excellent choices of remedy for Schizophrenia. There is sudden loss of memory. Patient is unfit for any type of business. He has two wills, one commanding to do good things and other forcing him to do wrong things.
- Natrum Muriaticum: All the trouble starts from disappointment especially in love, very good remedy for Schizophrenia. Patient has delusions and hallucinations. Delusion that she is some great person. Patient is very oversensitive and offended easily and revengeful.
- Hyoscyamus Niger: Wonderful remedy in patients who are irritable, nervous and hysterical. There is increased cerebral activity and patient is restless, he jumps out of bed, tries to escape and gives irrelevant answers. Fears being alone, being bitten or being poisoned.
The Yajur Veda (one of the most ancient texts of knowledge), has quoted,
"A healthy body and a sound mind are necessary to achieve success in life!"