Trigeminal Neuralgia is generally misdiagnosed so a sufferer takes help of many physicians. The sooner treatment starts the better and faster the results.Medical Treatment for Trigeminal Neuralgia:
- Multivitamin supplements, Vitamin B and Magnesium are advised.
- Pain killers to treat neuropathic pains
Surgical Treatment for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Micro vascular decompression results in the longest pain relief.
- A Surgical procedure known as balloon compression by the way of skin using needle stick approach in treating the elderly for whom surgery is not possible due to other health problems.
- Glycerol injections involve injecting an alcohol-like substance into the nerve.
Complementary and alternative treatment for trigeminal neuralgia includes:
- Vitamin therapy
- Nutritional therapy
- Electrical stimulation of nerves
However it is seen that conventional treatment for Trigeminal Neuralgia do not offer any long lasting relief and the medicines have their own side effects too. The condition might recur even after surgeries.