What Is Vertigo?
Vertigo is a type of dizziness with a feeling that either the person or the world around him is spinning.
It is a sensation of spinning or rotational motion, even if the patient is perfectly still.
This experience of dizziness occurs because of a dysfunction in a section of the body called the vestibular system (present in the innermost part of the ear) which is responsible for maintaining the body's balance.
Vertigo may often be associated with nausea, vomiting and loss of balance. Click to read about Causes of Vertigo.
Vertigo is just a symptom. There are myriad diseases that can give rise to it and it is essential to find out the exact cause to work out the plan of treatment.
Dizziness and vertigo are the most common medical complaints and may be present in all ages. Its likelihood increases with age and it is 2-3 times commoner in women than in men.
What Happens In Vertigo?
- Sensation of spinning
- Often associated with nausea and vomiting
- Loss of balance
- Hearing loss or ringing in the ears may also be present
- Blurred vision
Know more about Symptoms of Vertigo
What Can Vertigo Lead To?
The complications of Vertigo depend on the causative disease and the pathology involved.
However, a common complication that can be witnessed whatever be the cause is the tendency to suffer from frequent falls and accidents.
How Well Homeopathy Works In Vertigo
- Vertigo is a very obstinate condition, and when the cause is a chronic disease, the patient can get frustrated trying all the possible treatments to get rid of it. Because the science of Homeopathy is based on natural laws and holistic principles, it works wonderfully in the treatment for Vertigo.
- Homeopathy takes into consideration the complete and detailed physical and mental history which helps to find out & treat the root cause of the problem.
- Homeopathy acts well on all the systems of the body and encourages them to function efficiently and not only helps to bring relief in the symptom of vertigo, but also deals with the underlying cause.
- Homeopathic treatment for Vertigo strengthens the immune system to fight the disease and make sure that such a problem does not occur again.
- Homeopathy is very easy to administer and absolutely safe and does not produce any unwanted side-effects. It can be safely given to anybody including pregnant women and children.
- Conium Maculatam: It is an excellent remedy for vertigo in old people. Vertigo occurs on slightest change of position, lying down or rolling in bed. Patient cannot move his head and must keep it perfectly still.
- Belladonna: One of the excellent choices for vertigo when complaints occur very suddenly. Vertigo from stooping or on rising from stooping position, along with violent headache caused by slightest noise or motion.
- Ferrum Metallicum: One of the best choices when vertigo occurs with loss of balance on seeing flowing water, or from crossing the bridge above a water body.