- Maintain a soft or liquid diet which will make it easier to swallow while eating.
- Always chew the food nicely while eating and avoid gulping down the food.
- Maintain at least 2 hours interval between every meal.
- Keep 4 to 5 frequent small meals instead of having a heavy lunch or dinner as this helps in better digestion.
- Increase the amount of water intake in your daily routine.
- Always have your food while sitting upright.
- Use a big pillow at an angle of 30 degrees while sleeping at night to prevent acid reflux.
- Avoid meals immediately before bedtime. Keep at least two hour gap between dinner and sleep.
- Avoid lying down immediately after meals as this can cause acid reflux.
- Do not hurry while eating or drinking.
- Do not skip meals or keep long gap between two meals.
- Avoid eating too much fried or spicy foods.
- Avoid habits like smoking, drinking.
- Do not indulge in habit of self-medication and avoid over the counter medications.