Acute Bacterial Sinusitis
- It is the inflammation of the mucous membrane that lines the paranasal sinuses.
- It usually follows a cold with dull aching pain over affected sinuses with nasal blockages.
- This involves a generalized inflammation and infection of the respiratory tract.
- The sufferer will experience hoarseness of voice, brassy cough with an associated inspiratory or even an expiratory stridor (high-pitched breath sound).
- Bronchitis is inflammation of the lining of the bronchial tubes, which carry air to and from the lungs.
- It is an acute illness lasting less than three weeks with unproductive cough as the main symptom, with wheezing sputum production, or chest pain.