- Adequate and sufficient rest to voice is advised.
- Increase intake of fluids in order to maintain hydration.
- When infected, avoid contact as much as possible.
- Hygienic habits like covering your mouth while coughing , washing hands should be incorporated in daily practice.
- Maintain humid environment – use a humidifier at home or take steam inhalation.
- Drink plenty of fluids to prevent excessive dryness of mucous membrane of larynx.
- Steam inhalation soothes the vocal cords and reduces the inflammation.
- Quit smoking and tobacco.
- Whispering is harmful and can injure the vocal cords.
- Use of decongestants for long time can harm the vocal cords.
Do not self medicate. Avoid Caffeine, Spicy food and other beverages as it can aggravate acid reflux