What is Hoarseness of voice?
Any abnormal change in the voice is known as hoarseness of voice. It is also known as dysphonia.
Hoarseness affects the quality of voice producing a raspy, rough as if strained. There is also change in the pitch of the voice. Hoarseness occurs due to problems with voice producing organs, vocal cords and larynx.
There are many causes which may lead to hoarseness of voice, the most common being acute laryngitis. Click to read other Causes of Hoarseness of voice
What Happens in Hoarseness of voice?
- A voice that tires easily, "breaks" or "cracks"
- Raspy or harsh quality of voice
- Raw tickling sensation with constant need to clear the throat
- Pain on speaking and swallowing
What can Hoarseness of voice lead to?
Hoarseness of voice is a Symptom and not a disease in itself. Complications that occur are due to the illness that caused it.
Long term hoarseness of voice may cause damage to the Vocal Cords.
Hoarseness of voice accompanied with swallowing and breathing problem must be assessed immediately.
Sudden loss of voice is a medical emergency.
How well does Homoeopathy work in Laryngitis?
Homoeopathy is a holistic system of medicine which offers natural relief to any illnesses based on treating the underlying cause of the disease.
Hoarseness of voice is excellently treated with Homoeopathic Medicines with miraculous results.
Homoeopathic Medicines work at a much deeper level by boosting our internal body defences thereby restoring healthy tissue and promoting healing mechanisms.
Few of our Amazing Homoeopathic Remedies for Laryngitis include:
- Argentum Metallicum: Symptoms come on slowly, lingering, but progress further. This remedy is well indicated for public speakers, singers who tend to develop hoarseness of long duration. There is raw sore feeling when coughing. Total loss of voice in professional singers. Worse from use of voice. Cough from laughing. Cough with easy expectoration which looks like boiled starch. Great weakness of chest, worst left side. Must hem and hawk.
- Arum Triphyllum: Good remedy for hoarseness when acridity is the main symptom. Raw and sore feeling at the roof and palate. Hoarseness along with constricted feeling and swollen throat. There is expectoration of much mucus.
- Arnica: Hoarseness from overuse of voice. Raw, sore feeling in the morning. Dry, from tickling, low down in the trachea.
- Rumex: Indicated for cough caused by constant tickling and teasing which prevents sleep. Rawness of larynx aggravated by pressure, talking, inspiring cool air and at night. Patient has a feeling of lump in throat. This remedy greatly helps in diminishing secretions of mucous membranes.