- Voice Rest: Resting your voice is the best treatment. Giving your voice rest includes not straining when you talk, refraining from yelling, screaming or singing and trying not to talk too loudly. Whispering has to be avoided as it causes the larynx to strain.
Maintain adequate Hydration:
- Plenty of oral fluids are a must and very essential to prevent dehydration and dryness..
- Keep your throat moist by sucking on lozenges which will prevent excess dryness. Lozenges that contain glycerin or honey have been shown to be the most effective.
- Humidifier- The intensity of the disease can be reduced by keeping the environment moist and humid.
- The use of a humidifier promotes moisture in the upper airways and helps to clear secretions in the nasal passages. Taking steam inhalation will also help to relieve the pain.
- Decongestants, Analgesics and steroids are often used to treat Laryngitis.
- Antibiotics are used to treat infections.
- Surgical Care: Surgery is indicated in serious cases, such as throat polyps, abnormal growths or paralyzed vocal cords.