Remember that even if Tinnitus may not be completely cured, panicking and stressing out can just worsen your condition. Try to follow these tips to deal with tinnitus:
- Avoid exposure to loud noises as much as possible. Use ear protections or try to reduce the volume of the noises.
- Block out the tinnitus with a 'cover-up' by putting on a fan, slow music etc.
- Avoid alcohol consumption and smoking as much as possible.
- Manage stress positively. Be kind to yourself.
- Do not panic and do not be anxious.
- Do not give up on the treatment right away. Tinnitus may seem very distressing; it can still be managed with good treatment and lifestyle measures.