Chronic Constipation is defined as less than three bowel movements a week, where mostly stools are hard, knotty, small, dry etc and is associated with excessive straining.
Constipation is one of the most common gastrointestinal complaints. Almost everyone experiences constipation at some point in his or her life. Small children are also quite prone to constipation.
Types of chronic constipation-
- Mild- Defined medically as fewer than three stools per week for several months.
- Severe- It is termed when there is less than one stool per week for several months.
- Functional- Here no anatomical cause is found. Lifestyle modification with exercise and proper food can treat most of the cases of Functional chronic constipation.
- Spastic- As seen in Irritable bowel Syndrome, high levels of stress and hectic lifestyle can cause irritation of bowel. Here constipation alternates with diarrhea.
- Structural: Here anatomical problems like tumor are common causes of chronic constipation.
Note: Constipation can be Acute also. Acute constipation may be serious and may require urgent assessment since it may be associated with grave illnesses like cancer. Be prompt in taking treatment if associated with bleeding, severe abdominal pain or vomiting.
Homeopathy promises wonderful relief in the form of potent remedies that manage CHRONIC CONSTIPATION and improves the digestive system naturally. All of this at no compromise to other systems of your body, assuring a holistic recovery and a healthier life.