- Maintaining weight is one of the most important factors in Gout,.
- Keep your joints motile by doing some moderate exercises recommended by physiotherapist.
- An ice pack can be applied to the sore joint for 15-20 minutes.
- Drink plenty of water, around 1.5-2.5 litres/ day, to avoid formation of kidney stones.
- Do not starve yourself in order to lose weight as it may further complicate the problem.
- Do not consume alcohol.
- Do not consume foods with highest amount of purines like seafood, red meat, beer, yeast and yeast extracts.