Certain triggers can result in Panic attack:
- Being far from home or secure places may induce fear and Panic Attacks.
- Panic may happen to certain people in night time.
- Fear of closed and confined spaces may cause Panic Attacks.
- Worry may induce panic.
- Panic episodes may be triggered by trauma memories.
- Stressful life events like rape, accidents or any physical or emotional trauma, either past or present, may trigger a panic attack.
- People with loss of employment or being widowed or divorced are more at risk.
- Witnessing something terrible in childhood.
- History of physical/ emotional/sexual abuse may result in tendency to panic excessively.