Prevention is better than cure.
- Avoid speaking too much especially loudly.
- Rest your voice in between long speeches
- Speak correctly & slowly
- Whenever there is hoarseness, rest your voice as much as possible
- Prevent heartburn- Eat smaller meals, eat 3 hours before sleeping, avoid spicy and acidic foods
- Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated
- Avoid shouting, yelling, too much speaking or singing, whispering, frequently clearing throat
- Avoid high noise areas where you have to shout to communicate
- Avoid smoking & alcohol