Some conditions which are more or less similar to Vocal Nodules -
- Tonsillitis - Tonsillitis is the inflammation of tonsils. It is also a cause of sore throat.
- Vocal Cord Polyps : Stalk like growth or bump on Vocal Cord, also caused by voice abuse, fumes, pollutants, cigarette smoke.
- Contact ulcer : These are erosion on Vocal cords, commonly seen in public speakers.
- Laryngitis - It is the inflammation of the larynx. It is characterized by hoarse voice, dysphonia (impairment in the ability to produce voice sounds).
- Vocal cord tumour : These tumours can be both benign and cancerous. Mostly they are common in smokers and alcoholics.
- Vocal Cord paralysis: It is characterized by inability to open or close vocal cords. It can be caused by surgery, trauma, infections and certain diseases.