He specialise in treating cases of Arthritis, Spondylosis, Allergic Rhinitis, Bronchial Asthma, Haemorrhoids and cancer. He has made a breakthrough in treating genetic disorders especially Sickle Cell Anaemia with immense success.
- He has been practicing since 1975.
- Lecturer a Government Homeopathic Medical College, Bhubaneshwar.
- Principal, Dr. A. C. H. Medical College Hospital, Bhubanswar
Dr. Niranjan Mohanty is a Professor of national repute and has been teaching not only UG and PG students at various Colleges but also teaches teachers in Re-Orientation Training Program. He was awarded the Best Teacher Award by Bhadrak Homeopathic Research Unit, Bhadrak, Odisha.
- Principal, Dr. A. C. H. Medical College Hospital, Bhubanswar.
- HOD, Department of Repertory, Dr. A. C. H. Medical College Hospital, Bhubanswar.
- Chairman of special committee on human pathogenic trial (Drug proving)of C.C.R.H. New Delhi, Govt. Of India.
- Director, International Study and Research Centre on Homoeopathy Bhubaneswar
- He has been Associated with Family Planning Association of India since last 27 years, where he is currently working as the President.
- Honourary Project Advisor to RRI Puri, under CCRH, Government of India
- Project Co-ordinator to drug proving unit, Dr. A.C. Homoeopathic medical college Hospital, Bhubaneswar and CCRH New Delhi.
He has conducted and presented over 60 research papers including:
- Adolescent Health problems with special reference to depression in Homoeopathy practice—a case study
- 'Exploring mind
- 'Hodgkin's Lymphoma in Homoeopathic practice.
He has also got many medical publications to his credit such as
- Effects of Arnica Mont - A Homoeopathic Medicine for Postoperative Management of Extraction of Teeth
- Rhinitis cured by Homoeopathy
He has authored several books and articles on Homeopathic Science,
- A Retrospective Study On Potncy Problem
- Text Book Of Homeopathic Materia Medica
- Principles and Practice on Diet
- Text Book Of Repertory
- Learning Homeopathy Through Objective Type Questions and Answers
- Therapeutic of Indian Drugs
- Case Taking, Receiving and Recording
- Research Methodology
- Evolution/ Unfolding of Repertories
- Organon of Medicine in Study Of Repertory
- Lesser Writings of Professor mohanty
Dr. Mohanty has won many awards throughout his career, some of which are
- Homeopath of the millennium in 2000, by National Institute of Homeopathy, Calcutta.
- Great Master Award in 2001, National Institute of Homeopathy, Calcutta.
- Great Master Award by the Classical Homeopathic Foundation, Kolkatta.
- Homeoratna at the 6lth National Homeopathic Congress, held at Gorakhpur.
- Dr. Y. Sahu Memorial Award by OHDA, in 2013.