What are the common Dos and Don'ts in case of Cellulitis?
- Keep affected area immobile.
- Elevate the affected part above heat's level to reduce swelling.
- Cool wet dressings may alleviate pain.
- Take adequate rest for better recovery.
- Drink sufficient water to prevent dehydration.
- Scratch your skin and keep your nails short.
- Roam barefoot in areas where there could be injury to your feet.
- Self medicate.
- Never ignore small cracks, cuts, insect bites etc.
My father in law has diabetes since last 12 years. He is 65 years old. What are the special precautions required to prevent Cellulitis?
Diabetics are more likely to get Cellulitis as their immunity is compromised and healing is delayed due to high level of sugar in blood. Moreover Cellulitis is also common in older age. Hence dual precaution is necessary.
Following precaution should be taken by people who have Diabetes to prevent Cellulitis:-
- Keep blood sugar in control by diet, exercise and medications.
- Take care of hygiene. Remember to wash your hands frequently. Take good shower daily. Keep your skin clean.
- Never pick your skin or nails. Take care of your nails. Never push your nail cuticles back, instead trim them. Trim carefully so that surrounding skin is not hurt. Never pick your skin or nails.
- Apply moisturiser regularly to prevent skin drying and cracks formation. Avoid injuries to your skin if possible.
- Superficial wounds should be washed with soap and water during bathing. You can apply some antiseptic cream on it and can also put bandage over it. If bandage is applied, change it on daily basis.If you have skin diseases like Athlete's foot, eczema, shingles, etc get them treated soon.
- Inspect your feet and hands daily. This is necessary because pain sensation in diabetes reduces hence small injuries or infections sometimes go unnoticed.
- Ensure proper shoes which fit you well and do not hurt your feet.
- Do not walk barefoot.
- Consider medical attention for even smallest of injury or boil.
- Consider routine checkups.
What role does strong immunity play in Cellulitis prevention?
Normally body fights with infection in its own and kills bacteria but if immunity is low even simple bacterial attacks may prove dangerous. Cellulitis is more common in individuals with poor immunity.
We all have plenty of bacteria and viruses on our skin. Also each one of us receives some or other injury many a times, but mostly they heal on their own and do not progress to Cellulitis.
Hence it is obvious that strong immunity prevents not only Cellulitis but many other diseases. Ensure good immunity with balanced diet, healthy lifestyle and regular exercise. Also keep yourself stress free by meditation, yoga etc.
Can Cellulitis be life threatening?
Yes, Cellulitis if ignored can result in conditions which can be life threatening. Cellulitis may spread to deeper structure, can enter in lymph or blood to spread in whole body resulting in severe complications. If there is high fever, chills, severe pain, no response to oral medicines; hospitalization may be required.
Cellulitis can result in Sepsis. It is probably the most serious and life endangering complication of Cellulitis. Sepsis is the systemic infectious condition where infection has spread in full body through blood. Apart from that Cellulitis can cause Abscess, Nectrotizing Fasciitis, and Gangrene etc. These conditions can be dangerous.
Conditions like Meningitis (Brain infection) can result if Facial Cellulitis is not treated timely. It can cause death. Moreover, Cellulitis of the jaw area (submandibular) which is called Ludwig's angina may result in fatal situations for the patient. Hence timely treatment is the best possible way to prevent these life threatening situations. But it is also true that not every case of Cellulitis is life threatening. Only delayed cases or those with complications are fatal.
What is the recommended diet for Cellulitis problems?
Below mentioned diet is recommended for Cellulitis condition-
- Vitamin C, A and E is believed to fight infections and therefore plays a crucial role in Cellulitis prevention. Consume sunflower seeds and oil, pistachio, meat, fish, chicken, banana, avocadoes, spinach, asparagus, tomatoes, broccoli, watermelon, citrus fruits, leafy vegetables, nuts etc. It helps in increasing immunity to fight from infection.
- Flavonoids are very effective to increase immunity and prevent Cellulitis. These are found in tea leaves, blueberries, grapes, vegetables and citrus fruits.
- Zinc is believed to be very powerful in combating infections and increase immunity. Consume beans, seafood, chicken etc.
- Include turmeric, garlic, onions, basil, thyme, oregano, fenugreek in your food which helps in increasing the immunity.
- Consume more vegetables and fruits.
- Consume adequate water to maintain good hydration.
How to prevent Cellulitis?
Prevention of Cellulitis is easier than its treatment. Hence main focus should be on its prevention.
- Cellulitis is more common in individuals with poor immunity. Ensure good immunity with balanced diet and regular exercise.
- Apply moisturiser regularly to prevent skin drying and crack development.
- Take care of your nails. Never push your nail cuticles back, instead trim them. Trim carefully so that surrounding skin is not hurt. Never pick your skin or nails.
- Remember to wash your hands frequently. Take good shower daily. Keep your skin clean.
- If you have fungal infection of toes or Athlete's foot, treat them.
- Avoid injuries to your skin if possible.
- Superficial wounds should be washed with soap and water, put antiseptic cream on it and apply bandage on it. Change bandage regularly and also if it gets wet.
- Take immediate treatment in case of animal or human bite or deep punctured wounds.
- Ensure proper shoes which fit you well and do not hurt your feet.
- If you have diabetes, varicose veins, or poor venous circulation in legs even small boils or wounds should be consulted with physician.
Which Homeopathic medicines are generally used to treat Cellulitis?
Homeopathic treatment for Cellulitis has many medicines which are anti inflammatory and powerful pain controllers. In Homeopathy medicines are selected after a full examination and a detailed case-analysis, which includes the medical and surgical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution etc and then perfect similimum is prescribed.
Homeopathy is capable to prevent you from surgery. It reduces need for surgical intervention. Homeopathy will not reduce symptoms but will also make sure that it does not reoccur. Homeopathic medicines are safe, side effect free, easy to administered and well proved. Homeopathy is a logical, safe and quick mode of treatment. It is also capable of managing sepsis, gangrene and other severe complication of Cellulitis.
There are more than 100 remedies for Cellulitis in our treasury of medicines. Few of our amazing remedies include Sulphur, Graphites, Silicea, Calendula, Cantharis, Belladonna, Ledum Palustre, Rhus toxicodendron etc. Note- Please do not indulge in self medication. It may be harmful to your health.
How will Homeopathy help me dealing with Cellulitis?
Homeopathy can treat Cellulitis efficiently. It can achieve spectacular triumph over cellulitis. Homeopathy will regress it and treats it from the roots. Homeopathy is very proficient in managing the symptoms of Cellulitis and has an excellent success rate in homeopathic treatment for Cellulitis. It corrects the genetic predisposition and susceptibility towards Cellulitis.
Homeopathy comes as most effective line of treatment and manages efficient role in immunity development and promotes rise of white blood cells which fight infection naturally. Homeopathy takes care of all the symptoms naturally and sets the clock for the healing process from within. HOMEOPATHY is a system of medicine which treats the disease in the gentlest possible way. It treats the patient and not merely the disease. Homeopathy believes that all external manifestation of a disease is due to internal disturbances within the body. So it believes in eliminating root cause and not merely suppresses it.
Also it makes sure that the immunity of the patient is strengthened in a way that the disease cannot recur again. Moreover, none of the medicines cause any unwanted side effects. HOMEOPATHY has given good results to many people with Cellulitis.
What kind of treatment is generally given for Cellulitis?
Conventional method of treatment generally focuses on Antibiotics. Oral or intravenous antibiotics arrest the spread of infection and also kill the bacteria. With treatment most of the cases respond positively in a week. Steroids are used in adamant cases. Pain killers are effectively used to control pain.
Surgery is effective in cases where infection is severe, dead tissue is cut away in such cases. Abscesses are also drained. Identification of cause and treatment of Oedema (swelling) is also important since it can promote Cellulitis. In Homeopathy where the disease is treated from its root with constitutional approach. Also Homeopathy helps in increasing the immunity so that there is no recurrence.
How is Cellulitis diagnosed?
Signs and symptoms give clue to physician regarding Cellulitis. Appearance of affected area gives hint towards Cellulitis. Blood tests are recommended to check if there is infection in blood. In case of infection the white blood components of blood increases. Blood culture may also be requested to identify the exact bacteria causing Cellulitis for proper anti bacterial therapy.
What complications can Cellulitis result if ignored?
Cellulitis is a potentially dangerous infection of skin which can be life threatening in ignored cases. Cellulitis may spread to deeper structure, can enter in lymph or blood to spread in whole body resulting in severe complications. If there is high fever, chills, severe pain, no response to oral medicines, hospitalization may be required.
It can lead to life endangering conditions like necrotizing fasciitis, gangrene, abscess, sepsis. Sepsis is a dangerous condition in which infection may spread in whole body through blood and can cause very serious conditions like meningitis, heart valve affections etc. It can cause death by causing multiple organ failure.
Pus filled cavity (abscess) may form under the skin and may require incision & drainage or surgery. Cellulitis in diabetes can cause gangrene which can lead to limb loss in some cases. Facial Cellulitis and Orbital Cellulitis may prove fatal and can lead to brain infections. Cellulitis may cause inflammation of the lymph vessels known as Lymphangitis. Facial Cellulitis if not treated timely can lead to Meningitis which is the inflammation of coverings of brain. This is a severe condition and can be life threatening too.
So do not let complications set in! Homeopathy is always there to help you. Homeopathy offers the most comprehensive, patient-friendly, deep-rooted and permanent solution to this problem. Homeopathic treatment for CELLULITIS should be started as early as possible for best results. Homeopathic medicines arrest the spread of CELLULITIS and tackle it from root. To get HOMEOPATHIC treatment from our expert doctors, click on Cellulitis Homeopathic Treatment.