There are certain complications in unmanaged and extreme cases.
- Weight gain: Menopausal women tend to gain more weight which could lead to complications like heart diseases, stroke, diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, breast cancer.
- Susceptibility to infections: Due to increased dryness of vagina and altered pH levels, vagina becomes more likely to get infections like vaginal candidiasis. Frequent urinary tract infections are also common.
- Depression: One of the most important complications of Menopause is depression. Most of the cases are not reported to doctor. In such cases it leads to severe case of low confidence, low self esteem and self hatred feelings. As a result patient feels dejected and gets depressed.
- Osteoporosis: Bones become brittle and there is increased risk of fractures.
- Unsatisfactory Sexual life: Loss of libido during menopausal years can lead to fights and arguments between the couple.