Oral Ulcers or Mouth Ulcers are the break in the mucous membrane of mouth or oral cavity, resulting in loss of delicate mouth tissue.
Ulcers may be single or multiple. Mostly they appear inside the cheeks though they may appear anywhere inside the mouth. They are also known as Aphthous ulcers. Most of them are harmless and heal within 10-14 days. Mouth ulcers are non- contagious.
Types of Mouth Ulcers-
- Minor Mouth ulcers: Small ulcers of less than 8mm size are minor ulcers. They clear up usually in less time. Mostly they are seen inside cheeks, lips, tongue, and gums. They can be multiple.
- Major Mouth ulcers: They are usually bigger and deeper. They take long time to heal and may leave scar.
- Herpetiform Ulcers: There are dozens of ulcers which are usually small in size.
- Acute Mouth Ulcers: They are of recent origin and usually of shorter duration.
- Chronic Ulcer: They are long standing ulcers.
- Recurrent Ulcers: They appear frequently and are also known as recurrent aphthous stomatitis (RAS). They are well defined, painful, shallow, and usually non infectious. Sensitivity to certain foods, positive family histories are associated with it, though exact causes are unknown.
- Ulcers with cancerous tendency: Ulcers can be sign of Mouth cancer too. Usually such ulcers are hard, indurated, solitary, non-healing..
Homeopathy promises wonderful relief and manages Mouth ULCERS in both adults & children. All of this at no compromise to other systems of your body, assuring a holistic recovery and a healthier life.