Nocturnal Enuresis can cause discomfort to both child and parents. There are number of factors associated with the causes of nocturnal enuresis.
Genetics- A strong family history is linked with the development of bedwetting. Studies reveal that bedwetting is linked to the genes on chromosomes 13q and 12q and child is at higher risk if one or both parents have a past history of bed-wetting. This is one of the chief causes of nocturnal enuresis.
Causes of nocturnal enuresis of primary type include:
- Delayed development- In some children nerve pathways between the pelvis and brain may not be fully developed to sense when the bladder is full
- Small bladder capacity- Sometimes the capacity of the bladder is not sufficient enough to store or hold urine leading to involuntary passage of urine
- Poor sleep arousal- Some children are in deep comatose sleep and fail to wake up at night for urine. This is striking factor in causes of nocturnal enuresis.
- Insufficient secretion of anti-diuretic hormone (ADH) - ADH helps to conserve the fluid volume of the body by decreasing the amount of water passed out in the urine. Less secretion of anti-diuretic hormone will cause the kidneys to excrete too much water, esp. in the night causing bedwetting
- Emotional and social factors. Bed-wetting may appear as a direct result of emotional problems. Sometimes, stress in family like divorced parents, death of someone, separation from mother can cause bedwetting. This is main factor in causes of nocturnal enuresis.
Causes of nocturnal enuresis of secondary type-
- Physical causes - Kidney or Bladder infection (urinary tract infection), Diabetes, seizure disorder, sleep apnea etc
- Abnormalities in the urethral valves in boys or in the ureters in girls or boys
- Abnormalities of spinal cord
- Children with chronic constipation or encopresis (involuntary passing of stools) may present with bed-wetting.
These are important causes of nocturnal enuresis.
Thus each case of Nocturnal enuresis is unique and specific. Homeopaths try to evaluate the cause and treat accordingly.
Homeopathy promises wonderful results in the form of potent remedies that manage Nocturnal enuresis and eradicates from its root
So what are you waiting for? Get the world's best treatment for Nocturnal enuresis right away!