- Our aim should be to treat the bed wetter and not the bed-wetting.
- Talk to your child and assure him that this problem is not a major health issue and can be soon treated
- Your child should empty bladder before going to bed.
- For some time the child may be awakened 2-3 hours after sleep and made to evacuate the bladder and again early morning.
- Make use of vibrating alarm during sleep
- When your child follows the bedwetting treatment, reward him and appreciate him for that
- Encourage your child to go on sleepover in their friends house or relatives
- Make him to share the responsibility of changing and washing the wet sheets
- Avoid blaming or scolding your child for bedwetting.
- Don't feel hesitant to talk or discuss with your child about bedwetting
- Don't lose your patience but instead encourage him and be supportive
- Try to restrict the amount of fluid in latter part of the day.
- Avoid consuming caffeinated drinks, tea or high energy drinks