Some conditions which are more or less similar to SPEECH DISORDERS are-
- Hearing disorders and deafness- Impaired hearing affects speech too.
- Asperger's Syndrome- It is autism spectrum disorder which affects communication to great extent.
- Huntington's disease- An inherited condition which causes progressive brain damage resulting in dysarthria (slurred speech due to muscle weakness and poor coordination).
- Social anxiety- Elective mutism can happen because of extreme anxiety and fear of public speaking though in actual there is no problem in speech.
- Stroke and Brain injury- These conditions may also affect the speech.
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Syndrome)- Children with ADHD often have problems sitting still, staying focused, following instructions and staying organized which can affect speech.
- Autism- Children with autism may have trouble communicating, reading body language, learning basic skills, making friends and making eye contact.