There are some simple home remedies which can help in healing the scar fast.
- Supplements like vitamins (especially vitamin E) and minerals can be taken to heal the wound at the earliest.
- Promote faster tissue repair by eating and drinking food substances that are rich in collagen. WATER-RICH VEGETABLES: Veggies like cucumber and celery have high collagen content. Dark green vegetables are also excellent examples of food containing collagen producing agents. Add dark green leafy veggies such as spinach, cabbage and kale to your diet every day. They are packed with an antioxidant called lutein.
- Beans help your body to produce a vital anti-ageing substance called hyaluronic acid. Try eating at least two tablespoons of beans each day. Bread or butter beans make a great substitute for mashed potatoes.
- Red fruits and vegetables also are excellent sources to up the collagen content of food in the diet. Tomatoes, peppers and beets contain the antioxidant lycopene. Lycopene also acts as a natural sun block, protecting the skin from damage while increasing collagen levels.
- Vitamin C rich fruits and vegetables are natural sources of collagen production. You should try to include citrus fruits like oranges, lemons and strawberries into your daily diet.
- FISH: Fish like tuna and salmon are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids.
- SOY: Whether sourced from soy milk , cheese or tofu , soy contains genistein (plant hormones that serve as antioxidants)