- There is no way to prevent Keloid from developing.
- A person who has had a Keloid should not undergo elective or cosmetic skin surgeries or procedures such as piercing. If necessary, surgery should be performed by expert hands with the precaution to avoid suture over bends and joints and to take intensive care in wound healing.
Further complications can be prevented by doing the following things:
- Supplements like vitamins (especially vitamin E) and minerals can be taken to heal the wound at the earliest.
- It is also wise not to rub or scratch or apply any irritants on the spot to prevent it from growing further or forming ulcerations.
- Also to take proper care of the wounds under doctor's guidance.