It's not always possible to prevent Laryngitis, as it is often caused by common infections like cold that are difficult to avoid. However following steps can be taken:
- Avoid vocal strain by not yelling, screaming, or talking loudly, especially when you have a cold or other throat or sinus infection.
- Maintain good hygiene and cleanliness in order to avoid viral infections.
- Don’t smoke or indulge in too much alcohol.
- Keep your home well humidified in cold weather.
- If you have a heartburn or reflux problem, please see your doctor in order to prevent reflux laryngitis.