In acute cases of Laryngitis, patient may present with the following symptoms of laryngitis:
- Flu like symptoms – Runny Nose, Sneezing, Malaise
- Constant need to clear the throat
- Sore Throat, tickling and rawness in throat.
- Hoarseness of Voice , Sudden Aphonia or complete loss of voice
- Odynophonia (Pain on speaking)
- Odynophagia (Pain on Swallowing)
- Dyspnoea or Respiratory Distress
- Lymphadenopathy or enlarged lymph nodes mainly in neck region.
In chronic laryngitis,
- Persistent Hoarseness lasting for more than 3 weeks duration
- Chronic dry cough with raw sensation and tickling
- Laryngitis due to acid reflux can have associated gastric symptoms
- Change in the quality and pitch of voice gradually
Symptoms of laryngitis present for more than 3 weeks need to be diagnostically evaluated.