Some conditions which are more or less similar to Fibroadenoma of Breast -
- Breast Cysts: These are fluid filled lumps under the skin which may look like fibroadenomas. But cysts are usually soft while Fibroadenoma are usually firm or hard to feel. Sonography of breast can successfully determine the exact nature of breast lump.
- Phyllodes Tumour: Very rare tumour mostly seen in age group of 40-50 years.
- Intraduct Papilloma: Warty, benign lesion affecting breasts. May be associated with blood stained discharge.
- Sclerosing adenosis: A condition with benign sclerosing of lobules of breasts.
- Fat necrosis: Obesity associated, fat breasts having lump following trauma.
- Mastitis: Inflammatory condition of breast with severe pain.
- Breast Carcinoma: These are malignant mass which are cancerous. Though they may look similar to Fibroadenoma but they are usually more firm, irregular, fixed with base causing skin changes & nipple retraction. Biopsy can distinguish between the two.