- Try to change your sleeping habits and ensure at least 7-8 hours of sleep.
- Keep your sleeping environment quiet, dark, well ventilated and cool.
- Sleep at particular time daily.
- Exercise regularly but not in evening or night.
- Educate children about good sleeping habits.
- Opt for dance classes, yoga, meditation or anything that you like.
- Eat early and light meals.
- Switch off your TV, laptop screens, computers, Smartphone at least one hour before sleep.
- Talk to some trusted friends or elders if some worries are preventing you from sleeping.
- If you are not able to sleep; relax, focus on your breathing and soon you will feel sleepy.
- Do not take naps during daytime
- Do not take coffee, tea or tobacco especially in late evenings.
- Do not self-medicate.
- Avoid very late dinners