Following measures are very helpful in preventing Insomnia-
- Go to bed and wake up at a fixed time .
- Avoid sleeping during daytime.
- Avoid intake of tea, coffee, alcohol, soda late in the evening.
- Avoid heavy and spicy dinner at bedtime.
- Avoid eating late at night, which can cause acidity and may prevent sleep.
- Regular exercise makes you fit and also helps you to sleep better.
- Avoid exercise at bed time.
- Dim the lights before going to sleep, switch off loud noise. Keep your room temperature at a comfortable setting. Room should not be very chilled or very hot.
- Avoid watching or using TV, laptops, computers, smartphones, internet or movies late in the night or before sleep.