Certain factors are commonly associated with this -
- Children who cannot control the emotions and have low frustration tolerance are more likely to develop ODD
- Lack of parental supervision and discipline can also increase the risk of ODD
- Child abuse or neglect can also increase ODD
- Bad family environment or dysfunctional families can also increase risk of ODD
- It is also more common in children who have witnessed parental divorce, cruel environment at home, domestic violence, substance abuse.
- Low socioeconomic status can lead to poor parenting and poor discipline at home, which can cause ODD.