Some conditions which are more or less similar to OPPOSITIONAL DEFIANT DISORDER are -
- Anxiety Disorder- A type of mental disorder marked by intense fear of present and anxiety or worries of future.
- Impulse Control Disorders- There is strong urge of impulses. Patient experiences failures to resist such temptations and act on impulses.
- Bipolar Disorder- A state of mind where there are alternate stages of euphoria and depression. A psychiatric disorder.
- Depression- A very common mental disorder where there is chronic gloomy and sad feeling
- Learning Disorder- A disorder where learning abilities like grasping, organization, memorization, retention, understanding of information are affected.
- Psychotic Disorders- There are certain abnormal thinking and perceptions in this psychiatric disease. It is characterized with delusion and hallucinations.
- ADHD- A psychological disorder where attention span is affected and there is marked hyperactivity. Affected person finds it difficult to be still for much time, focus on things and be attentive.
- Conduct Disorder- Here, child exhibits aggression towards animals or people. They are deceitful and may steal. They can destroy public property, become physically violent, do antisocial activities, breaks laws. They are dishonest and reckless.
- Substance Abuse Disorder- A disorder leading to impairment or distress caused by abuse of substances like alcohol, drugs.